Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Fitness Q & A

One thing I felt that was missing in my blog was asking other's about their point-of-view on fitness.  I recently conducted an interview with my girlfriend which just recently began working out.  Here's what she had to say...
Fitness Spotlight

Name: Desiree Baker
Year:  Sophomore











What got you interested in working out?

Seeing people gain more than their freshmen 15, and seeing the trouble of obesity on my Dad’s side of the family.  It makes me nervous because it could be possibly linked to heredity. 

How often to do you work out each week?

I try to work out at least 3 times a week.

What are your favorite muscle groups to train?  Why? 

Quadriceps & Abs.  I enjoy working out my quads because I have been a dancer my entire life, and am obsessed with how my legs look. 

Are there any tips you would like to share in regards to fitness?

Keeping a good intensity throughout all of your workouts will keep the calories burning.  A lot of people think that just by doing cardio you are going to burn enough calories, but the truth to the matter is keeping your heart rate up is essential to burning fat. 

How do you make working out fun?

Making numerous playlists on my iPod to listen to while I workout such as fast upbeat songs.  Having a partner when you workout makes it a lot easier to stay motivated, and also have someone that is going to push you when you want to quit. 

What are a few songs that you have on your playlist?

Club Can’t Handle Me by: Flo-rida
All I Want To Do by: Sugarland
Steal My Kisses by: Ben Harper and The Innocent Criminals 

1 comment:

  1. Cool that you include a woman fitness-lover in your blog. Most of the videos seem to be of very buff men, but women can work on fitness, too.

    Nice blog. You have a good voice for blogging--informal and willing to be honest about your own mistakes. I also like it that you share links etc.

    ReplyDelete