Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Muscle of the Week-Biceps

I was thinking to myself today how I could add a new element to my blog, and I came up with a solution of introducing a new body part each week.  This week I am going to focus on building the biceps.

The first thing is understanding that the bicep is made up of a two-headed muscle:  short head & long head














There are multiple lifts that you can do in order to concentrate solely on this muscle group.  A few of these lifts are:  alternating hammer curl, barbell curl, dumbbell curl, EZ-bar curl, concentration curl, overhead cable curl, incline dumbbell curl, and zottman curl.

Fortunately for some people, it is fairly easy to be able to build muscle in this particular area.  For others, it can be the most frustrating thing in the world to do hundreds of curls and not see any results.  Most guys would kill to be able to have a nice pair of "guns" in order to show off to the women in the gym.  Also, it becomes a self confidence thing when you are able to fill out one of your shirts with your muscles.  Trust me, the compliments are amazing when you hear them from people you have never met. Even women wouldn't mind having some definition in their arms to achieve that tone and athletic look to their bodies.

One of the issues with most people is that their technique is poor, and they are not sure which exercises to do in the gym.  Other concerns may be not knowing how many reps to do with each exercise, and the amount of sets that they should do for biceps.  I will share a few of my favorite lifts with instructional video on how to do each lift properly.  Also, I will supplement the videos with a workout plan that you can follow in your own gym.











Check out this amazing bicep routine that Muscle & Fitness has already built for you.  All you have to do is follow the reps, sets, and intensity techniques in order to start seeing results.

No comments:

Post a Comment